Tea Time – 15 October

Good Evening,

A quick recap of a fun filled week which started with some epic highs and ended with dramatic lows.

Sunday 8th October

I went out a walk with the twins in the morning and then caught up with some family. In the afternoon I got to meet my friend’s new baby boy who is definitely one of, if not the cutest baby boy I’ve ever seen. He’s absolutely adorable and I very much enjoyed getting a cuddle and staring at his beautiful little face.

Monday 9th October

Monday was a very important day – my twin nieces first birthday and my mum’s birthday. I took my mum to Cameron House spa for a few hours to relax and unwind. It was total indulgence and we enjoyed every second. After the spa we headed to the West End of Glasgow to grab some lunch and a birthday sweet treat at a new place called Loop & Scoop. It’s a churros and ice cream place which is a perfect combination if you ask me. They do serve other things like breakfast and soup. We had a tuna sandwich and a pot of tea followed by churros and chocolate sauce which was seriously good although I could only manage one and a half out of the 6 churros as it was just too much sweetness. Can’t believe I’m saying that as I do have a sweet tooth but a little was enough on this occasion.

We sneaked in some blog photos on the way back home then headed out for dinner in the evening with my dad, brother, sister in law and the twins. We had a lovely meal and evening together celebrating all the birthday girls. This has definitely been the quickest year of my life so far.

Tuesday 10th October

Back to work and back to reality. After work I popped into Morrisons for some strawberries and then headed to my brother’s to look after the girls for a little while. Dinner and bath time fun before heading home, washing my hair and getting an early night as I still needed to catch up on sleep from the weekend.

Wednesday 11th October

A night off from babysitting and an evening of catching up. My MacBook has decided it doesn’t want to switch on anymore which is very inconvenient as I can no longer get things done from the comfort of my bed. I went through lots of troubleshooting with the Apple Team but nothing worked and I’ve had to book in for repair next Tuesday. Depending on how much it’s going to cost, I might need to get a new one as I do use it a lot and especially when travelling. It’s around 8 years old but worked fine up until now. I guess I probably wouldn’t have gotten much longer out of it anyway but it’s frustrating as they don’t make them like they used to and they’re constantly changing USB’s and power points etc so I’ll likely need to buy adapters/converters to be able to transfer my photos from camera and to connect my external hard drive. Let’s see what they say next week.

Thursday 12th October

My first day back at the gym in what feels like forever. It’s really tough to get up at 5:30am and go to the gym when it’s cold and dark outside but I’ve not got long until my next holiday and I’m not happy with my body at the moment and need to do something about it sooner rather than later. I’ve booked on a Metafit class on Monday so that should help focus my mind and motivate me to get my act together although I’m absolutely petrified as I know I’m going to struggle big time. I’ve got to start somewhere and getting over that first session is the hardest part.

The twins have come down with a vomiting bug which is not pleasant and it’s horrible seeing them unwell. I think I washed my hands about 100 times in the 4 hours I was with them to try and avoid catching it but it’s probably inevitable.

Friday 13th October

TGIF. That’s all I’m saying.

Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th October

Avoiding the vomiting bug failed epically. On Friday night I got struck down and I was throwing up all night. I was bed bound from 8pm Friday night until 10am this morning. I’ve been in absolute agony all over and generally felt completely helpless. I’ve still not managed to keep anything down but I do feel like I’m on the mend and I’m just making sure I’m getting plenty of fluids. I think I’ve lost almost half a stone which is pretty crazy but just shows how bad the bug was and how much of an effect it’s had on me. I can’t wait to get back to normal but need to take it easy and let my body recover fully.